A quick note to say: Steubenville South is hiring! With so many good things ahead, I’m excited to be adding one part-time (10-15 hours/week) Administrative Assistant to the team. See below for more details on this position, and how to apply. Still have questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
As Administrative Assistant, you’ll live out our core values through your kind, perceptive communication, and incredible ability to find solutions and work with others to best minister to our community.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator and problem-solving individual who finds joy in serving others and organizing all the details. We are looking for someone excited about working with a small, dynamic team and who sees the ministry of Steubenville South as a home for their gifts and talents – a place to grow and flourish!
As Administrative Assistant, you’ll join our community of Discernment Team members and committee leaders who are engaged, enthusiastic, and ready to #geaux. We believe in always improving, loving each other well, and using our gifts to help lead our community toward abundant life in Christ and His Church. Better yet, we’re excited to learn from you! As a small but mighty team, we are constantly seeking ways to tweak our systems and use our time and resources more efficiently.
The person most fit for this position:
• Loves Jesus in the Eucharist, cares deeply about the mission of the Diocese of Alexandria and the Steubenville Youth Conferences, and would love to play a critical and essential function in carrying out a unique mission.
• Has extraordinary people skills (email, social media, phone, and in-person).
• Is self-motivated, hardworking, efficient, entrepreneurial, and eager to take an idea or task and run with it. You are very organized with a strong attention to detail!
• Relishes the idea of empowering and supporting the leadership in multiple areas of an apostolate operating like a start-up. You aren’t afraid to try new things or get creative.
• Will wow us with your warmth, attention to detail, and work ethic!
Skills and qualifications:
• You have a love for lean operations and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done. You are a self-starter who is not only organized – you love organization (Type A-ness is welcome here!), and aren’t afraid to learn new tech or systems.
• You work well with others in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. You can tactfully, efficiently, and professionally communicate with individuals and groups in a variety of settings.
• You work well independently, and are able to take a task or project and run with it.
• You are humble and trustworthy. Your integrity is of the highest value to you. We’re wowed by how well you handle, manage, encourage, and challenge your people.
• It’s not mandatory, but is a big plus if you’re proficient in any kind of marketing trends, digital communications, including social media platforms and tools (MailChimp and Canva, for example), or are willing to learn to take on some of those responsibilities.
• You love people and opportunities for ministry, and are able to exercise prudent and independent judgment while maintaining efficient, confidential procedures in handling organizational matters.
• You are an actively practicing Catholic who is in full communion with the Church.
• You have a minimum of a high school diploma, and some experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit environment.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Delight and assist inquiring group leaders, parents, chaperones, priests and religious, and volunteers across all platforms: email, social media, phone, in-person, etc..
• Manage the registration of all groups, individual attendees, volunteers, priests and religious for the Steubenville South High School Conference, the Beyond the Limits Jr. High Conference, and any other events coordinated through the office.
• Provide administrative support to the Conference Coordinator including, but not limited to, helping to create and implement strong business systems and templates so that we can spend less time on paperwork and more time on loving our people well.
• Assist with Discernment Team and committee leader meetings, as able, by scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks.
• Attend all events coordinated through the office, serving as the on-site Staff person, and are able to lift some heavy items, walk extensively, transport and carry items to/from the office and conference venues.
Please note: this is a part-time position (10-15 hours/week) with hours increasing in May – July, and a flexible schedule to be mutually determined. This position may require some evening/weekend work. Applicants must be local to the Cenla area.
About the Steubenville South High School Conference:
The Steubenville South Conference was the first off-campus youth conference, co-hosted by the Diocese of Alexandria and Franciscan University of Steubenville. We are the only Catholic youth conference in this region, providing top-tier, affordable, and accessible resources, products, and experiences for youth and their communities, inviting them to take their place in the Kingdom of God, using what they’ve been given, for His glory and the good of others. It is our hope that the resources and events coordinated by the Steubenville South Office leave individuals and communities feeling equipped, inspired, and ready to run on their God-given mission. Let’s geaux!
To apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by Friday, November 3, 2023. We’re looking at a start date in the first week of December, in time to get you settled in before the arrival of baby Terracina right after Christmas :). Thank you so much for your time and interest – we’re very much looking forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Know someone who might be a good fit? We’d love for you to share this with them!